At Little Engine Academy we believe early childhood education provides a strong foundation for lifelong learning.
The Philosophy of Little Engine Academy is the belief that all children should have the opportunity to grow, learn, and develop to their fullest potential. We base our philosophy on a developmental approach, which emphasizes learning through play. Children gain knowledge and skills through social interaction between themselves, adults and older peers. We provide an environment that promotes a child’s sense of security, well-being, self-worth, and achievement.
Little Engine Academy’s goal is to foster each child’s intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and cultural growth. Our goals are obtained by striving to provide the highest quality care for young children through a combination of education, experience, a learning attitude and love for children.
- Aid the child in acquiring interpersonal skills.
- Aid the child in developing gross and fine motor skills.
- Aid the child in developing visual discrimination and auditory perception.
- Aid the child in acquiring speaking and listening skills.
- To develop socially, cognitively, emotionally, creatively and physically.
- Empower parents to extend curriculums and developmental goals from school to home.